TaFF is inviting qualified individuals who are seeking short-term professional work experience to join their Summer Internship Program, a minimum 3-month full-time program that is targeted to commence from May to August 2022 depending on the intern’s academic year.
This multi-disciplinary internship program provides opportunities to 5 interns to develop their skills across a broad range of activities as well as to gain valuable insights into an industry-level fashion association and its local and global initiatives, programs and resources.
Qualified interns should possess a strong interest in business and entrepreneurship in the fashion and lifestyle industry with an insatiable curiosity for the latest developments in innovation, technology, and sustainability.
Interns who successfully complete the program can expect to move into the industry with TaFF on their CV, a wealth of internationally relevant experience and a recommendation letter from the association. This opportunity is particularly relevant for individuals or students looking to gain holistic experience and explore their potential and suitability for a career in the fashion industry.
If the above interest you, here’s more on the roles:
1. Intern, The Bridge Fashion Innovator (TBFI) -- helping to support the planning, operationalization and engagement of its range of programs, initiatives and events in the space of Innovation and Incubation.
2. Intern, Sustainability -- working with the Sustainability team and being directly involved in TaFF’s fashion sustainability program such as to research support, and identification, and supporting the team in projects, initiatives and event planning and operations.
3. Intern, Fashion Resource -- working with the Fashion Resource Centre team and helping to operationalize and market its broad range of diverse programs, initiatives, and platforms. Key objectives will be outreach and audience engagement to promote participation and adoption of resources.
4. Intern, Events -- working with the events team and being involved in the strategic outlook, planning, and running of online/offline events at the association. Also, working with external stakeholders, vendors, and network of partners in facilitating TaFF’s comprehensive events calendar.
5. Intern, Design Orchard Retail Showcase (DORS) -- working with the various functions within DORS team such as visual merchandising, art design, digital marketing, store operations, events and campaigns.
A) Education Qualities
- Currently enrolled in or have graduated from an undergraduate course of any field
B) Skills and Qualifications
- Fluent in English and possess good reading comprehension and professional writing skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities and take initiative
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills and be organized
- Should have experience or interest in the fashion industry
- Have Microsoft office proficiency (including Word, Excel, Ppt)
- Graphic design and proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, as well as marketing and social media systems, a plus
The ideal candidate would:
- Be a team player
- Show initiative and be meticulous in work
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Have a positive attitude and embrace challenges in a start-up environment
More detailed information on the respective scope of work under the internship program can be provided upon request.
You may visit www.taff.org.sg for more information on TaFF.
Selected interns will receive a monthly stipend from TaFF under this internship program.
If you think you are the right fit for any of the listed internship roles and wish to be part of the TaFF team, you are welcome to apply via this job portal.
Please indicate in your application the role which you are applying for.
Thanks and we look forward to receiving your cover letter and CV.
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified).